Chicago Scaffolding Accident Lawyer
Pursuing Compensation for Workers Injured at Construction Sites
Like many construction accidents, scaffolding accidents often result in serious injury or death. For obvious reasons, working at high elevations exposes workers to serious hazards. Injuries from falls are the most common cause of construction-related fatalities in the United States, constituting 10% of all work related deaths. Falls from ladders and scaffolds account for approximately 40% of all fall injuries. Falls from scaffolds account for approximately 50 deaths and 4,750 injuries every year.
Leonard Law Group is passionate about representing the rights of workers in Chicago and throughout the state of Illinois. Our Workers’ Compensation attorneys share decades of experience and a reputation for excellence. Since 1996, we have recovered more than $750,000,000 for our clients!
Which Factors Cause Most Accidents on Scaffolds?
Most falls are preventable if proper safety precautions are taken. Scaffolding accidents usually occur when employers seek to cut comers to save time and money or workers are improperly trained to use the safety equipment they are provided.
We represent individuals injured in a scaffolding collapse or fall caused by:
- Ladder accidents
- Plank slippage and support failures
- Falling debris or equipment
- Forklifts, cranes, or construction trucks
- Other motor vehicles in adjacent traffic areas
- Unsafe working conditions
- Equipment failure or improper use of safety gear
- Design defects or manufacturing flaws
- Lack of safety measures, including guardrails, fall arrest systems, safety nets and safety lines
How Can Scaffolding Accidents Be Prevented?
The majority of scaffolding accidents can be prevented with proper training and safety precautions. Each scaffold should be equipped with the following:
- Proper anchors to keep the scaffold from moving
- Safe access to and from the scaffold
- Level and stable planking or floorboards
- Safety netting or barricades to protect from falling debris or equipment
- Proper safety rigging for workers on the scaffold
In addition to the above safety precautions, all scaffolding should receive regular maintenance and safety checks. Only qualified supervisors should disassemble and reassemble scaffolding.
Contact Leonard Law Group Today!
If you believe your accident or a loved one's death was a result of improper scaffolding safety or negligence, contact us today. Our team of scaffolding accident lawyers in Chicago can effectively investigate the circumstances surrounding your incident, and determine who may be held liable for your injuries.
Contact Leonard Law Group if you or a loved one has been injured as the result of scaffolding accident in Chicago. Our scaffolding accident attorneys are standing by to help!
Attorney J. Leonard and his team were a pleasure to work with.
“Attorney J. Leonard and his team were a pleasure to work with. They were highly professional and excellent communicators. They were also extremely knowledgeable about my case. I wouldn't hesitate to refer him to others.”