Leonard Law Group, a rapidly growing injury firm, is seeking to add new talent to our team.
Chicago Medical Malpractice Attorney
Helping Victims of Medical Negligence Seek Compensation
Injuries resulting from medical negligence are often devastating. Leonard Law Group passionately advocates on behalf of those who have found themselves injured by the very people they chose to help with their treatment. Since 1996, our dynamic Personal Injury attorneys have represented clients in various injury cases, recovering more than $750 million on their behalf.
Trust our Chicago medical malpractice lawyers to handle your case! Contact Leonard Law Group for a case review today. We provide Spanish-speaking services for client convenience.
Examples of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice is the failure of healthcare professionals to meet the proper standards of care. Each year in Illinois millions of people are treated at local hospitals or with a specific provider for their health concerns.
Some types of medical malpractice cases include:
- Failure to diagnose that leads to death or permanent injury
- Birth injuries
- Leaving medical tools inside a patient after the completion of surgery
- Failure of hospital staff to properly monitor patients resulting in infection or death
- Operations on the wrong body part
- Improper administration of anesthesia
- Improper administration of epidurals or cortisone shots
Patients trust the health care profession to provide proper and adequate health care. Inherent in this trust is that in providing health care, the medical professionals will adhere to the proper standards of care. The proper handling of a medical malpractice claim requires a thorough understanding of the medical conditions that the person sought treatment for as well as the medical conditions that develop following the care.
Do I Have a Case for Medical Negligence?
In any medical malpractice case, your attorney must prove that the standard of care was breached when the medical professional acted in a way that another trained professional would not have. This breach cause patient harm.
Medical negligence cases can involve:
- A lack of informed consent from the patient, when a doctor carried out a treatment plan that the patient did not agree to or carried out treatment without properly explaining the potential benefits and risks. In these cases, had the doctor fully explained the procedure, the patient would not have followed through with it.
- The patient experienced highly unusual consequences after a procedure. While doctors are responsible for explaining foreseeable benefits and risks, any extraordinary side effects can indicate a mistake occurred.
- An admission of a mistake by the medical professional. In these cases, a doctor may offer their apology and a hospital may provide the patient or their family with compensation after an internal investigation.
About 90 - 95% of all medical malpractice lawsuits reach a settlement out of court because litigation can be expensive and time consuming, especially for families dealing with serious injury or the loss of their loved one. Though the average jury award in medical malpractice cases can be upward of $1 million, litigation does not guarantee an outcome. This is why it is important that your lawyer looks at the details of your case to weigh its strengths. Our attorneys are trial-tested and will not back down from pursuing the legal pathway that will provide you with the compensation you and your family needs to recover. If we can avoid the expense and time commitment of trial, we inform you of your options before agreeing to any settlement. If, however, the settlement offer is insufficient for your needs, we will pursue the negligent parties at trial.
Fight for Compensation with a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Chicago!
At Leonard Law Group, we work with teams of experts and medical professionals who can lend invaluable insight into the details of your case. This gives us a strong upper hand in case preparation. Over the years, we’ve established a track record of success and a reputation for excellence. This enables us to give our clients the representation they need to get the compensation they deserve.
If you believe a health care professional has rendered substandard care to you, please contact Leonard Law Group at (312) 487-2513 to discuss the facts of your claim.
Attorney J. Leonard and his team were a pleasure to work with.
“Attorney J. Leonard and his team were a pleasure to work with. They were highly professional and excellent communicators. They were also extremely knowledgeable about my case. I wouldn't hesitate to refer him to others.”