Chicago Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Call (312) 487-2513 to Let Us Help You Maximize Your Entitled Compensation
When a person suffers an injury—whether it’s minor or serious—in an accident, the healing process can take either weeks or months to make a full recovery. However, there are injuries that are catastrophic in nature that can have a long-lasting or permanent impact on a victim’s life.
Common types of catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Extensive burns
- Multiple broken bones
- Complex fractures
If you have sustained a catastrophic injury caused by a negligent party in Illinois, our Chicago personal injury attorneys at Leonard Law Group is dedicated to helping you recover the financial compensation you deserve. With more than two decades of legal experience, we have helped our clients obtain more than $500 million in awards, settlements, and verdicts on their behalf. We can investigate the accident, gather evidence, seek professional assistance from field experts, and maximize your award.
How Catastrophic Injuries Happen
A catastrophic injury is defined as a permanent injury or illness that a victim must live with for the rest of his/her life. While personal injuries can be serious in nature, they are often temporary.
The following are the most common causes of catastrophic injuries:
- Car and motorcycle accidents – Since motorcyclists are only protected by a helmet and padded clothing, a collision with a passenger vehicle can result in riders suffering catastrophic injuries.
- Car and truck accidents – Due to the massive size and weight of commercial semi-trucks, big rigs, and tractor-trailers in comparison with a passenger vehicle, occupants in a car can suffer catastrophic injuries when a truck crashes into them.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents – Pedestrians and cyclists don’t have adequate protection when they are struck by a vehicle.
- Dangerous products – From inherently dangerous toys to faulty tools, these products can cause catastrophic injuries.
- Dangerous property conditions – Whether it’s a tripping hazard to falling objects, dangerous conditions on public or private premises can also lead to catastrophic injuries.
Request a Free Consultation Today!
When a catastrophic injury is caused by the negligence or carelessness of another party, victims can pursue compensation in the form of a personal injury lawsuit. Due to the complexities of catastrophic accident cases, our legal team can guide you through the legal process and ensure all past and future medical care is taken care of.
Contact us for more information about our legal services.