Leonard Law Group, a rapidly growing injury firm, is seeking to add new talent to our team.
Cook County Work Injury Attorney
Call (312) 487-2513 for a Free Consultation
If you were injured in a work-related accident, reach out to Leonard Law Group to discuss your next steps with a work injury lawyer. Since 1996, our firm has recovered $750+ million dollars on behalf of our clients. This level of success is a tribute to the quality of work we devote to each case. To learn more about our firm, don’t hesitate to contact us. With free consultations and Spanish-speaking services available, we strive to provide our clients with convenience.
Why Choose Our Workers' Comp Lawyers?
- Over $750 Million Recovered for Injured Workers
- Serving Illinois for 20+ Years
- Spanish-Speaking Services Available
- Personalized Attention from a Family-Owned & Operated Law Firm
To have the advantage in your case and avoid being taken advantage of, you need a skilled work injury attorney on your side. Our team has handled more than 25,000 claims with great success. We are passionate about ensuring our clients get the representation they need in order to secure the results they deserve.
Reach Leonard Law Group at (312) 487-2513. We offer free second-opinion case reviews and offer Spanish-speaking services for client convenience.
Workers’ Compensation Settlements
There is no provision of the Illinois Workers' Compensation act that guarantees the injured worker a settlement after the conclusion of medical treatment. The belief that the insurance company or employer will offer you a settlement may be a mistake. Once medical treatment has concluded, what often happens is that the insurance company or employer will simply close the claim.
The value of a claim depends on the following factors:
- Permanent partial disability sustained
- Ability to return to work full duty
- Wage loss or earning impairment incurred, if any
- Ability to return to any type of gainful employment
Our Firm Gets Results. Start with a Free Consultation.
Leonard Law Group is backed by decades of collective experience in the field. We handle cases for workers of all industries with professionalism and personal attention. If you're already with a firm but are unsure of the quality of your representation, don't hesitate to get a free second opinion from our team. We have a reputation throughout Illinois as top workers’ compensation attorneys.
Injured on the job? Find out what your legal options are by contacting Leonard Law Group at (312) 487-2513.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can My Employer Fire Or Discriminate Against Me For Filing A Workers' Compensation Claim?No, an employee cannot be fired or discriminated against for filing a workers compensation claim. This is prohibited by Section 4(h) of the Illinois Workers' Compensation act. If it can be proven you have been fired or discriminated against because of the exercise of your rights under the Illinois workers compensation act you may have a retaliatory discharge, wrongful termination, or discrimination lawsuit that can be brought in the Circuit Court. The Illinois workers compensation commission does not have statutory jurisdiction to hear these types of lawsuits.
Is There A Statute Of Limitations For Workers' Compensation Claims In Illinois?The statute of limitations for Illinois Workers' Compensation claims is 3 years from the accident date if no compensation has been paid such as TTD or medical bills or 2 years from the date of the last compensation payment of either TTD or a medical bill, whichever is later.
How Long Do I Have To Report My Injury?Generally speaking, you have 45 days to report your injury to your employer. If your claim is for a repetitive injury please see Durand v. Illinois Industrial Commission wherein the Illinois Supreme Court discusses the manifestation date for repetitive injuries.
What Is My Workers' Compensation Claim Worth?This is by far the most frequently asked question Leonard Law Group encounters. The answer is based on the nature of your injury or injuries, the amount of money of your hourly or salary pay and the permanency of your injury or injuries. Without having access to your medical records this answer cannot be provided. Access to your medical records requires you to hire Leonard Law Group. If you contact Leonard Law Group and ask what the value of your claim is we cannot tell you without a thorough review of your medical records.
Can I Hire Leonard Law Group If I Already Have Hired Another Attorney?Yes. This will require you to execute a few legal documents and retain Leonard Law Group. It does not cost anything to terminate your current attorney and hire Leonard Law Group. You will pay a 20% attorney fee that Leonard Law Group will split with your former attorney and the remaining 80% of your lump sum settlement or installment award is yours tax-free.